Temple Israel is searching for a Director of Engagement and Communications who is creative, energetic, and proactive, with the ability to bring people together and facilitate relationship-building among members of the community. The Director of Engagement and Communications will be responsible for membership recruitment and engagement, managing temple communications, and working in collaboration with the clergy and professional team to create vibrant and engaging programming for all demographic segments within our congregational community, including young families and empty-nesters. This is a part-time position, approximately 20 hours per week.
- Develop a membership outreach and engagement strategy in conjunction with the senior rabbi, the professional team, and the lay leadership, and serve as the primary senior staff member responsible for implementing that strategy.
- Create programs focused specifically on membership outreach, engagement, and retention, including opportunities for congregants with similar interests to connect and make relationships.
- Build relationships with congregants, get to know and track their particular interests and talents, and connect people across constituencies and centers of activity in the temple to encourage engagement, community-building, and synergetic creativity.
- Develop and implement a strategic communications plan to tell Temple Israel’s story, to help increase participation in temple life, and to bring Jewish content and community to our members online.
- Oversee the production and distribution of all print and electronic material, including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, flyers, social media, and the temple website.
- Write weekly articles for publication in the Jewish Press highlighting Temple Israel’s activities, initiatives, and people.
- Cultivate and sustain partnerships with the Omaha Jewish Federation and Temple Israel’s partners in the Tri-Faith Initiative.
- Previous experience with membership, communications, and programming.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Skill in using social media.
- Comfort with and affinity for working with people.
- Ability to build relationships and connect people across diverse constituencies and demographics.
- Ability to think strategically and about the “big picture,” as well as to produce and implement detail-oriented programs.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including nights and weekends.
- Knowledge and comfort with Reform Jewish principles and practices.
If you are interested in becoming Temple Israel’s Director of Engagement and Communications, please send your resume to templeIsrael@templeisraelomaha.com by October 27th.