Originally built in 1954, the sanctuary was refurbished in 1967. Bill Hammon, a local artist of outstanding stature, was commissioned to execute stained glass windows and sculptures of the Menorah and Ner Tamid (Eternal Light). The windows suggest the bright colors of morning and the softer shades of evening, recalling the passage from the Creation story:
“And God called the light Day and the darkness he called Night. And it was evening and it was morning, one day.”
Mr. Hammon’s inspiration for the Menorah and Ner Tamid came from the descriptive passages from the Book of Exodus delineating their design and function.
The sanctuary seats 290 people.