In the fall of 2013, our congregation affirmed our Educational Vision for our congregation to state:
Temple Israel’s Education Vision is to engage congregants of all ages in continuous Jewish learning and provide opportunities for Jewish growth by:
- Instilling a feeling of belonging to our own Temple community and the greater Jewish community as a whole (klal Yisrael)
- Developing Reform Jewish identity through the exploration of the major streams of Judaism, here and around the world
- Developing an individual level of competency in participating in and/or leading a Reform Shabbat service and reading and applying Torah to their everyday lives
- Fostering the development of a personal understanding of God
- Fostering a connection to the land and people of the State of Israel, including its culture, history and place in the world
- Demonstrating compassion through mitzvot and respect for others
All of our educational programs work to move forward this vision in support of Temple Israel’s mission statement.
The mitzvah of educating our children and adults, we know, requires many avenues and partners. We here at Temple Israel cannot accomplish this vision without action and learning at home. Jewish learning takes places in the classroom, around the dinner table, at Jewish summer camp, in the carpool car, during Youth programs/activities, on an Israel trip, on a grandparent’s lap, and in so many more places.
We look forward to partnering with you on your own Jewish Lifelong Learning journey.
Questions about Religious School? Please contact Religious School Director Sharon Comisar-Langdon, 402-556-6536.
Our deepest gratitude goes to the Howard and Judy Vann Temple Israel Educational Grant for supporting and enriching our Religious School and adult education opportunities.